At AXTEN, we are concerned about the protection of your personal data.
The purpose of this data protection policy is to inform you about the commitments and measures taken by AXTEN to ensure the respect, confidentiality, and security of your personal data, in accordance with the “Information Technology and Liberties” law of 6 January 1978 as amended and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
AXTEN will only collect and process the data strictly necessary for the intended purpose (data minimisation).
Purposes of the collection
The information collected in the forms on the site is intended for AXTEN, and allows us to process the requests of our interlocutors. The purposes of the processing are:
- The management of solicitations and requests for information on the services offered by AXTEN;
- The management of the contractual relationship, as part of the performance of the tasks entrusted by the clients to AXTEN;
- Managing your registration to events organised by the firm;
- Managing your application when you apply online via the recruitment form.
Legal basis of our processing
The data processing implemented by AXTEN is based on:
- AXTEN’s compliance with its legal obligations: processing relating to accounting and tax obligations;
- The performance of a contract: processing related to the performance of a task entrusted by a client to AXTEN;
- The legitimate interests of AXTEN: processing related to commercial prospecting and solicitation of services.
The recipients of your data are the internal departments concerned (lawyers, assistants, trainees, accounting, invoicing, and communications).
The collected data can also be transmitted to our IT service providers as part of the execution of the services of storage, hosting, communication and IT maintenance. Our service providers act as subcontractors on instructions from AXTEN, and are bound by the obligations of security and confidentiality within the framework of the performance of their contract.
Data retention period
Your data is kept by AXTEN:
- If you are a client of the firm, for the duration of the contractual relationship and during the applicable prescription period (i.e. 5 years). The data can also be kept for a period of 10 years in order to comply with accounting and tax obligations.
- For data relating to a commercial prospection, for 3 years from the last contact from you, if you are not otherwise referenced as a client contact;
- Regarding the data relating to an application, for 2 years from the last contact with the candidate.
In accordance with the “Information Technology and Liberties” law of 6 January 1978 as amended and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to access, query, restriction, portability, deletion, modification, and rectification of information about you. You also have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data, as well as the right to object to such data being used for commercial prospecting purposes. Ultimately, you have the right to set general and specific guidelines defining how you intend to exercise these rights after your death.
You can contact us to exercise these rights.
In any event, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the National Commission for Information Technology and Liberties.